Tattoo Course Overview
The tattoo courses we hold at the academy is designed for individuals over the age of 18 who are looking to start their career as a tattooist. The UK Official Tattoo Academy is the longest running academy in the UK with a 98% pass rate, with hundreds of UK and overseas students attending our tattoo course’s all year round.
The nature of our tattoo courses is to give students an insight into the world of tattooing allowing them the chance to have some first hand experience in order to pursue their career within the industry.
The 10 day intensive tattoo course is broken up into two weeks and runs Monday – Friday starting at 10am and finishes at 5pm. Students will be required to study the theory side of the industry and then undergo a theory exam. You will then study the practical side of the industry performing a practical exam on the last day of your course. All successful students will then receive a diploma certificate that is recognised throughout Europe. Click here to see the list of countries your Diploma/Certificate is valid in.
Tutors with Experience
All of our Tutors hold extensive qualifications, with our head Tutor having a degree in Nursing!
The school week consists of drawing up designs which will be suitable for a tattoo, colouring techniques, difference in needles and what they are used for. Throughout these courses, the pupil will receive handouts on tattooing, the industry and all knowledge about the apparatus required. Throughout the duration of the course, students will be taught legislation/regulations of professional tattooing.
- Tattoo hygiene
- Tattoo machines
- Needles, tubes and tips
- Skin preparation
- The tattoo procedure
- Consent forms and aftercare
- Infections, causes and spreading
- Licensing and registration
- Health and safety
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Bio hazardous waste
- Cross contamination
- Theory Exam
- Level 2 VTQ
In this week, you will get more hands-on with the actual tattooing procedure.
- Drawing tasks
- Creating a design to tattoo
- Allocating the design to the desired area of the body or placing designs on the area of the body that work best with the tattoo
- Stencil prep on fake skin
- Sterilisation of the area of tattoo area
- Tattooing fake skin
- Machine set up
- Lining and shading techniques
- Inks and pigments
- Solutions creams and supplies
- Preparing live model for tattooing
- Practical test, tattooing a live model (friend, relative, student)
All students looking at attending one of our course’s must be over the age of 18. This is due to law and legislations as tattooing a minor is illegal, therefore the tattooist must also be of the legal required age.
Your tattoo model must also be over the age of 18. Proof of ID will be required as well as A disclaimer that will need to be filled in prior to tattooing.
Students attending must be able to speak and understand English.
It is not compulsory for you to have any experience or art qualifications, however we do require that you have basic drawing skills.
Please note* this course does NOT teach you how to draw, only that it will help you develop your own drawing style in tattoo form.
- You will be awarded a diploma certificate that is recognised throughout Europe.
- You will receive an accredited infection control certificate after passing level 2 VTQ exam
- Unlimited student support for life.
- Access to online student chat room and networking.
- Free advice starting up your own studio.
- Access to our student shop where you can purchase your own machinery and equipment.
- Free airport transfer for international students *please see FAQ’s for further information.
- Student booklet and handouts which includes all the information you have been taught on your course.
- Once you have gained the experience as a professional tattooist you can earn between £40-£120 an hour.
Upcoming Course Dates
Special offer on our Tattooist course: £1799, original price £2998 offer ends 31st May 2021